Sunday, June 25, 2006

"anima anima por mi bandera..."

















Okay, not really my bandera. My flag was cut out of the world cup last week. But I really like the emotion in these games. Poor poor dutchmen lost to Portugal, (again, I ask "why do latinos in general dislike Portugal?" In my opinion they are better looking o sea mas guapos!)

As for England vs. Ecuador. I feel bad for Ecuador like I did for Mexico. They deserved the win. But Mr. Posh Spice saved the day. (My Dad actually got quite angry about this game- he thinks that the British are snobs and that they always start problems because of their big egos...)

I think one of the reasons why I am so interested in this, because I normally don't care, is because it is like a religion!! To see the Portuguese man kissing his scarf is like my mother in law with her rosary!

So Go Brasil! Go Spain!!

2 comments:

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Yay for the ones that have won so far.

Related to your comment of that Hispanics don't like Portugueises, I have never heard of that. But I guess I have heard that Brazileiros don't like them somehow. Probably because Portugal were the conquers of that region that gave origin to Brazil. Anyways.

And hey, I respect your comment of that Portugueise players are more handsome than hispanics, but I don't have a prefference for black guys (with all the resepect they deserve), so I better go for a white and light eyed guy, lol.

Anyways, have a great week. :)

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Or even I preffer my Mexicans that the Portugueise look of the Portugal team, but I respect everyone's point of view. Take care and great current posts.

Blessings from your Mexican friend. :)