Friday, August 25, 2006

One of the best things to life...

I am convinced that one of the best cures for feeling down, is shopping. Not the actual shopping itself, although that is nice. Actually, the part that I like the most is the afterwards, when my shopping bags are home and I can try on all of my clothes (again) and wear something new. Dennis does not understand this at all.

Case in point: Today I went shopping with my mentor from church (this outstanding elder's wife who has always been so nice to me, bought our wedding dishes, etc.) I bought some shirts and some really comfortable gaucho-sweat pants. And 2 new much needed bras. So the first thing that I did when I got home, was to put on my new pants, shirt, and bra. I do the same thing when I buy underwear or shoes (per my shopping in Las Vegas, when Dennis bought me some comfy moccassins).

Dennis, on the other hand, will wait weeks before he actually wears what he buys new. If I buy him a new pair of jeans, he won't wear them until he needs to or when there is a special occassion. We both think the other is nuts.

The point, for me, is that one of the things that I really love about shopping, is putting something new on. It is a feeling that I am greatful for. (And it helps that today when we went shopping, I realized that I couldn't wear "plus-sized" tops anymore really because they are too big!

(Another reason that we cannot have babies right now- I am so in love with shopping and new clothes that I couldn't afford to have a Gap-OldNavy-OshKosh Baby perfectly packaged as the baby in Bridget Jones's Diary 2.)

2 comments:

Spanish Kitchenette said...

hahahahahah I do the same you do! :P hey, what's the point of having your new stuffs kept in the closet when u can show the off ? ;-)

Bob said...

I am a firm believer in retail therapy LOL. I do the same, even if I buy bath stuff, I'll come home from shopping and have a nice long bath just to use my new bath stuff!