Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Feast

Why are the Japanese letting Michael Jackson near their children? I know he had some great songs in the um...80's. But really...

anyway, here is this week's Friday Feast

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
I usually go to bed around 11 pm when the news starts. But it takes me hours to fall asleep, mainly because I don't turn the TV off. I like it the way it is.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
I talk a LOT. So I know that when I'm with certain people, I tend to be receiving more than giving (or at least talking about my life more than listening...). But I don't picture myself as someone who doesn't give advice or who is hard to approach, especially in situations like where I'm the older student in a class full of undergrads who are worried about graduation and marriage etc.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
The one and only time that Dennis and I have so far ever gone to a sushi bar together was memorable because Dennis did not know how to order sushi and I didn't know anything other than "california roll" and so we were asking the people around us for advice.
My first meals with my chilean family were also memorable because my mother-in-law made a lot of healthy food, including vinegar soaked lettuce (she said it was salad), and I felt pressure to eat it even though the vinegar was quite intense, because she was so worried about taking care of me and my diabetes. :)

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
I haven't read fiction in years. (actually I have read some Isabel Allende and I did read the Davinci Code but neither affected me...) When I was in high school I really really loved "The Witching Hour" by Anne Rice but this was in part because I was in an intensely teenage-angst-emo state of mind. I have read books like "The Shining" by Steven King and thought afterwards, "wow, I could probably write like an essay on this or something..."

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
I tend to associate fruit juice with sugar and so I don't usually drink it. (It's like drinking pure soda!) I like all juices- probably orange over apple but it really doesn't matter. And to be honest, when I read this question the first thing I thought of was "yummm, tequila sunrises have fruit juice...." (all of my favorite alcoholic beverages do!) So I guess I lean towards the citrus-y juices?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's one memorable salad! what type of vinegar she used?i wonder...

Unknown said...

Great feast. My husband is diabetic and I talk a lot as well..really, A LOT

ribbiticus said...

happy feasting! come see my spread! ;)

Michelle Quinno said...

too funny on the salad! YUCK.

And I love your dessert! :-)

Raggedy said...

I put vinegar on my cooked spinach,kale, and collards, but only on the portion I am eating. I can't imagine eating lettuce soaked in viniger. That is something you couldn't even pass under the table for the dog to eat!
Great Friday Feast!
My feast is served.
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy