Thursday, April 05, 2007

I laugh out loud a lot....

When politicians try really hard to reach the latino vote by speaking (or in this case apologizing) in Spanish:


Gingrich is on the spanish news as I type this, talking about his opinions of immigration but here, he is speaking english with a translator (and he is speaking too fast for the translator to really translate...) I've seen Arnold Swarzenegger do it, Mel Gibson, John Kerry, George Bush... it just never gets old. It's funny and I give them all gold stars for trying.

I think I will say that I am not laughing because of his politics, (he didn't offend me), but I am laughing because he just is trying so hard. Bless his heart, he really seems to genuinely want to communicate in Spanish. Maybe this is how my mother-in-law sees me when I speak spanish.

(For what it's worth, we want our children to learn English in school and speak Spanish with Dennis and his family).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COmo no! studio espanol en esquela para quatro anos!!


How is that for my Spanish!! :) I studied four years in Junior high!

Anonymous said...

I REAALY wanna learn Spanish now but I don't know where and how to start. :(

Miriam!!! HELP!!!!