Saturday, January 12, 2008

Atleast there isn't a butt bow...





So basically, I'm my cousin Heidi's Matron of Honor for her June wedding. And it really is a big honor. I'm actually super excited because a)someone loves me/trusts me enough with such a job and b)it's my cousin, who I do love dearly.

So today, I totally though of the new movie "27 dresses" when Dennis and I went to David's Bridal to see if they had the dress for me to try on. They didn't have my size or the color (her colors are Apple Red and Black and I HAVE to get the dress in THIS style). So I will go back another day and see if maybe something came in stock or I will probably have to order it.

The fun(sarcastic fun) part is that it HAS to be this dress but in Red preferably. And since I'm the Maid(tron) of Honor, I have to figure out how to make my dress look differently. I am waiting to hear from her on what she prefers but these are my options:
1. I can get the red like the other bridesmaids, but with a black belt/bow thing
2. I can get an all black version
3. I can get a black version with the red belt/bow thing.

I don't think getting something similar would be an option....

I can't imagine having to do this 27 times. I am quite grateful that her colors are red and black, because as beautiful as some colors are, these dresses are expensive and you usually only wear them once. AND some colors are pretty on flowers but not flattering to the female body.

Thank you, Heidi, for not choosing this dress.

2 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Very flattering dress! Oh my...my best friend got married in 1990 and the dress was HIDEOUS! I looked like Little Bo Peep. It was chintz with big poofy sleeves.

I like the idea of black with a red sash, especially if it is an evening wedding.

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy, that's a doozie, that purple number. I sure can see why your happy you don't have to wear it!
Whatever you choose, you will look great.