Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Ten Things You Should Do Before Marriage...
Ten Things You Should Do Before You Get Married:
1. Know how to balance your checkbook/know your bank accounts/credit score.
2. Get any tattoos or piercings out of the way that future spouse would not let you get post-marriage.
3. Live by yourself.
4. Serve your community/church as a single before you go couple.
5. Discuss and identify roles, and what you would do in the marriage.
6. Make sure you have talked to a doctor about things like birth control. Probably should know your body a bit...
7. Talk to a neutral party to sort out any misconceptions/expectations and in a safe environment, without outside influences like the parents.
8. Make sure boundaries are set up between you and your parents. Umbilical cords must be cut off.
9. Connect with friends who can be your close friends after marriage, because you will need other people besides the spouse.
10. Make sure you love yourself and are getting married for the right reasons. Not because you feel pressure by family or society, Not because you want the breathtaking wedding day and the gorgeous dress, not because you are lonely, or because you are going on 40.... etc.