Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Chew your food.



I'm not "trying to lose weight" as a New Year's Resolution. As I am always trying to fix myself, my method of attack is to just keep trying to do whatever I can to be healthy. Not gonna make promises to go to the gym every day or even every week because I know myself. That ship has sailed.

But in the past two days, I've been experimenting. One of my problems is that I tend to scarf my food down. I don't taste my food. And then it's pretty predictable that I end am still hungry later. How do you eat a ridiculously huge meal and still feel hungry five minutes later? By eating your food so fast that you have to remind yourself that you need to stop and breathe or else you are going to choke.

So as I was eating pizza the other night, I had a lightbulb moment and realized that I'm not chewing my food. I'm not even tasting it. By my second piece, I'm still hungry. So I have started chewing my food. I know this is the most obvious dieting advice ever but for anyone else out there, chew your food. Put down the fork or whatever you are eating with and let your food break down. Swallow it completely. Maybe take a drink in between. And you shall enjoy fullness in thy tummy. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i likey the new layout--very pretty. good advice there! it's easier to concentrate on eating when you're not distracted by stuff like TV.