I have some vents but I really want to blog positive so I think I'll put those in another post.
Instead, a blog meme.
10 Favorite Cities.
1. Santiago, Chile. Obvs. beautiful skyline and you don't have to own a car to live.
2. Los Angeles. Also obvs. I actually miss the rudeness when I've been gone too long.
3. Vegas. We got married here. It's a pretty neat place in small doses.
4. Rio de Janeiro.
awesome shopping, cheap, people walking around comfortable wearing bathing suits when they normally wouldn't.... people in Rio are generally super nice, even when they are robbing you. (I've never been robbed in Rio, note).
5. Hachinohe, Japan. The only Japanese city I know. Some say it's more country than city but they had a downtown. It is a good way to get to know Japan, in my opinion, and hell to the yeah I want to visit Tokyo and the rest of Japan now!!
a country that sells 20oz. cans of Diet Coke Zero earns a lot of stars in my book.
6. Buenos Aires. Best gnocchi, choripan, dulce de leche, and ice cream ever. BA is a brilliant place to eat. (and it's also pretty.)
7. I'm not going to lie. I actually don't LOVE Albuquerque. But we are running out of interesting cities that I love that I've actually been to. I grew up in Albuquerque. They have great Mexican food. And I see pretty in it the older I get. The key to loving Albuquerque is in visiting with money. Which I didn't have growing up. I almost substituted this with Santa Fe. But I have only been to Santa Fe once.
8. Dallas. Another one I don't really LOVE. But there are some good things. I like that everyone is so friendly. I like that they drink Diet Dr. Pepper like water. I like visiting Dealey Plaza with my husband to better understand the mysteries of the grassy knoll. Another city that is full of great food too.
9. Hollywood. It's a great place to people watch. But you have to pay to take pictures with people dressed up like action figures/dolls from horror movies/pirates.
10. Malibu. Oh, Malibu, I will miss you when I have to leave you. It's weird living in Malibu, because Malibu is an unrealistic place even when you have money. But there are things I will miss! Like people leaving their cars ridiculously open and unlocked! Like random celebrities!
Like seeing Barbie doll colored cars parked at the grocery store!! (Honorable mention- that the main doctor at Malibu's Urgent care clinic advertises her skillz in plastic surgery and that the movie theater seats are LEATHA!!)