Tuesday, January 15, 2008

10 Movies that disappointed me.

ever.

1. The Break-Up. I thought Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn would equal comedy. I did laugh a little. But mostly I was confused. A comedy? Dramedy? Tragedy? Ridiculous.
2. BeWitched. Oh, Nicole Kidman is just so cute. And Will Farrell is just so hilarious. But this was just dumb. I felt guilty dragging Dennis to see this movie.
3. American Dreamz. Because this has Hugh Grant and because it was hailed as a savvy commentary on American society. But something was missing and Mandy Moore was annoying.
4. Sin City. I know ALOT of people (alot of Men) found this movie to be incredible. We bought it for 7 bucks and ended up sending it to my brother-in-law, and he thinks this movie is genius. It looks cool. Until you see people getting mutilated, etc. I thought it was gross and boring and plotless, and kind of mean to men. (I mean, a lot of men got castrated in this film.)
5. The Devil Wears Prada. I may be the only woman in the world who does not get why this movie won acclaim and awards. I'm not a big Meryl Streep fan to begin with. But I just thought this movie was missing something. Or maybe I felt like I've seen this movie before. It just didn't excite me and I thought it was overrated.
6. Bruce Almighty. Or any of Jim Carrey's latest films, which have proven to me that he is just no longer funny. at all. Why this movie needed a sequel, I just don't understand.
7. Matrix 2 and 3 there's like this one scene where everyone is dancing/orgy-ing and it's like a music video and I just feel like my brain cells are just dropping....
8. Vanilla Sky. See "Abre Los Ojos". Making an English version of an awesome movie is most unnecessary.
9. Dreamcatcher. I actually like Stephen King books. And before I knew he was a scientologist, I liked Jason Lee. And I did read the book. And this movie was just disgusting and did not flow. The filmmakers should be quite embarrassed. I mean, they had MORGAN FREEMAN. Sometimes, you see movies like this and forget why actors like Morgan Freeman are so critically acclaimed.
10. The Aviator. Can I just say that I did think this movie might be a bit boring, and I actually wasn't surprised. It was boring. And also overrated. (Okay, Cate Blanchett is just charming. But she's the plus.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fell asleep during Vanilla Sky. I almost asked for my money back it was so bad! Sin City's on my Netflix queue...I'll let you know what I think. :)

I love that dress in your previous post by the way! It's absolutely gorgeous! If I hadn't sworn off being in any more weddings (other than my own), I'd totally pick that one! :)