Saturday, June 03, 2006

random... (keeping up)

I'm getting back into the swing of things, back into my schedule. Summer classes start on Monday at 8AM (which I'm not thrilled about). But I'm taking a class on "Ministry in Crisis" and actually, I think it will be a good class.
Anyway, Dennis is back and things are returning to normal.

But I have lots of things to post.
First: Dennis brought back some really great things from Chile. Candy (chocolate yummmm), Chile's National drink- Pisco, a new purse for me that I LOVE, and some shawls too which is so nice because I love the quality of the shawls in Chile and it was exactly what I wanted, and sheets for our new bed (because they are cheap in Chile). The sheets that are in the photo are really cute and funny because the part in blue is a bunch of english words that really don't mean anything but they are supposed to be part of a poem (I think) about sleeping. The purse is perfect because I have been really wanting a new leather purse like the ones at COACH but we cannot pay $400 for a purse!!


















And we have been seeing a lot of movies lately.

We bought "Sin City" for like $7 at the grocery store because there is NOTHING on TV and we don't live next to a video rental place. Okay- it has really creative cinematography and the script is definitely well-written but this movie is so unbelievably violent- I didn't hear the "F" word ONCE but I saw ALOT of other things to compensate and it was kind of painful to watch. Which is strange because it's on the top 10 list for a lot of critics. I kind of reccommend that people don't watch it. (Unless they like really violent movies about things like serial killers and shooting women and eating people.)

davinci code Posted by Picasa

We also watched "The DaVinci Code". I read the book in Spanish, Dennis loves conspiracies and it was actually a good movie. I think that if you are Christian, you have to go in to the movie knowing that you can't take any of this seriously really. I know in my heart the truth about Jesus and so when I watched it, it was so obviously fiction and impossible that it turned into a mystery/thriller just kind of like "Indiana Jones".

breakup Posted by Picasa

And last night we saw "The Break Up". I really like Vince Vaugn and I really want Jennifer Aniston to make a good movie because I like her. But this movie really let me down. If you see the commercial, you've seen the movie. Out of all of them, seriously, the most entertaining movie was "The DaVinci Code".


Oh and Camila, the oldest Stepdaughter, turned 14 yesterday so Dennis feels really old :)

3 comments:

Spanish Kitchenette said...

Happy birthady to Camila :)

ooohhh dear! so much things your hubby got you!! I bet you are over the moon hehe esp. with those candies which look YUMMYYYYYYYY

Have a good sunday so far!

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

I guess "Mr. Terry" spamed you. Why doesn't he try that solution he mentions and then he tells us if it worked, lol. :)

Hey Erin, it's so sweet of your husband of having brought you all those things from Chile. Hey, the "Bombones" look delicious. In Mexico bombones mean only marshmallows, but I see that in Chile they can mean chocolates. Interesting.

Hey, liked your leather purse lots. Looks very nice.

Those movies you said you saw sound like fun. Hope you have a great week Erin. God bless you. :)

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

I guess "Mr. Terry" spamed you. Why doesn't he try that solution he mentions and then he tells us if it worked, lol. :)

Hey Erin, it's so sweet of your husband of having brought you all those things from Chile. Hey, the "Bombones" look delicious. In Mexico bombones mean only marshmallows, but I see that in Chile they can mean chocolates. Interesting.

Hey, liked your leather purse lots. Looks very nice.

Those movies you said you saw sound like fun. Hope you have a great week Erin. God bless you. :)