Saturday, August 12, 2006

A bit preemptive...

I have finished my paper (I still have to print it and send it to my professor...) But I can say that I have finished the second paper, thus finishing my second summer class. (I had to finish this before tomorrow, even though the paper is not due until Aug. 20th, because we are leaving for vacation tomorrow!!- or today considering I'm writing this at 2:36 am).

It's been really stressful and overwhelming- Dennis is frustrated that I'm taking out my stress on him and he is right in being annoyed. I could have started writing this paper earlier. I, personally, am frustrated because not only did I have to worry about my paper- I am also in charge of cleaning the apartment before we leave, responsible for packing, for finding a ride to the airport, etc. Let's face it. I'm not a very good traveler.

My grandmother, who is very much like me, called today to make sure that I knew that you are not allowed to carry any liquids or gels pass the checkpoint (although I'm not sure about whether or not you can go on the airplane with them!) Insulin is okay and I have a prescription just in case but I'm not even, according to my grandmother, allowed to bring chapstick!

The plan was to buy Dennis's gift in one of the duty-free stores in the airport- I was thinking of cologne (because he doesn't really have any.) If I can't buy cologne and bring it on board, I will have to resort to buying him something else. (Maybe in Vegas, when I buy toothpaste, shaving cream, and mouthwash.)

I'm excited but stressed. I've spent the past 2 hours cleaning our apartment (a socks, and long sleeve shirts when it is unbelievable hot and humid in Vegas and in little obsessive but at the same time, it was a stress reliever). I will vacuum tomorrow :) My biggest prayer is for grace, especially from Dennis- in hindsight, I haven't been very nice to him today. He picked up my prescriptions and will buy ink tomorrow so that I can print my paper, and he did at least try to pack his clothes (but I know that I have to re-pack for him because he is bringing sneakers but no Albuquerque.)

I am so ready to just get away- we really need a week together, to just re focus on our marriage. It's so hard, when we are both in school and working, to connect. Plus, we are going to be visiting family. My grandparents, my Aunt and Uncle, my Cousin and her little boy, are all waiting to spend time with us. (I hope we have enough time!)

I also pray that we will enjoy this "traditional" trip to Vegas for our anniversary. Next year might be tight financially and we aren't sure if we can do it in 07.

Back to the grindstone when we return as the next semester is coming quickly :(

No comments: