Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Momma needs a new pair of shoes...


I've been thinking about this for over a month. But tonight it just became painfully clear. The sneakers that I've been using at the gym are not gym-equipped. I need new gym shoes.

I really really like these sneakers. They are cute and they were a Christmas present from Dennis. But I've been observing other girls at the gym, who almost universally wear "real sneakers" (like with more shock absorption and support.) I thought "well, why wouldn't they work? it's all in my head. I'm not going to make Dennis buy me a new pair of sneakers."

Tonight, on the elliptical machine (kind of similar to a stair climber), I realized my feet were falling asleep. Like pins and needles feeling. And I thought to myself, "what if my feet stopped working and the lower half of my body stopped and then I essentially fell backwards? This means that I can't even zone out when I'm exercising!! I have to concentrate on moving my arms and my feet!"

Clearly, I need some better gym shoes. These are not "treadmill-elliptical-cardio-gym" shoes. These are fashion shoes with a "gym shoe" title. (and they are still really cute, especially with jeans!) I told Dennis in the same way I would break bad news to him, like about getting sick or something, and he was actually nice about it. (Gym shoes are NOT cheap.) yay for understanding hubbys!! (So my goal is to get us to Macy's tomorrow.)

1 comment:

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Very nice pair of snickers Erin. Liked them and they seems confortable. Nice shoes the ones Dennis picked as well.

Thanks for passing by. Have a nice rest of the week and a wonderful weekend.

Talk to you later.

Blessings. :)