Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In response to needing new shoes...

Dennis says that he has found it impossible for him to go shopping for something without me having to get something for myself too. It's probably true.

Today we went to Macy's. Mainly for two reasons: a) Dennis likes Hush Puppies shoes and when I went to the store locator on the website, they said that these shoes were sold at Macy's. (and Dennis really needed some business/casual shoes because the ones he is wearing now are like five years old.) and b) because I really really like the new fragrance Lucky No. 6 which, according to the ad in one of my magazines, is sold at Macy's. (It wasn't. The lady at the perfume counter had no idea even what I was talking about.)

Hush puppies were not sold at Macy's either (we met another sales clerk who, like the perfume lady, had no clue what we were talking about.) But we were on a mission and I made Dennis pick out shoes. Because Dennis is picky about his shoes. He wants, basically, shoes that he can wear for the next five years. We've already, in past weekends, browsed at other stores and we browsed in Las Vegas and so I wasn't in the mood to have Dennis say "these could be nice" and then not try them on even or buy them.

I won, he picked out some rather cute shoes that I think he will use well... and he will take them out of the box tomorrow.


And, as I mentioned yesterday, I am in need of new gym shoes. We went to the sporting goods store (because Macy's has fantastic heels and dress shoes but if I'm buying Coach sneakers I'm not wearing them to the gym.)
I found a cute pair of Nike's on sale and asked the sales guy for my size, explaining that I really needed a good pair of gym shoes. When I further explained that I was wearing my pumas, he completely agreed- wearing my fashionable pumas to the gym is not okay. I need support and shock absorption.

I got something called "Air Pegasus"- they are cute. Pink details, remind me of unicorns and clouds in the best possible way, and felt cushiony when I walked around in them. I wore them to the gym about an hour ago- my feet still hurt (maybe I need to stretch them?) but I think
it's because I'm wearing new gym shoes and not because I'm wearing "fashion" shoes.

No comments: