Thursday, September 28, 2006

Motivations...

My grandmother called today- she's and my grandpa spent the past month camping and so she wanted to call and check in with me. She also wanted to let me know that they are going to be great-grandparents. My cousin Sarah, who is like 2 years younger than me, is pregnant and due in May.

If ever I needed a reason to motivate me to go to the gym, it was learning that my cousin is pregnant. We've never met- they all live in Chicago- but my grandmother has managed to stay close to both sides so even though we don't know each other, we've known about each other for years. My sister and I always felt like we kind of were competing with these cousins. So I got married first, I'm going to grad school- it's a bunch of chalk marks in my favor.

But she's having a baby first while I'm stuck with school, diabetes, and I just started taking a low dose of cholesterol pills (and I'm taking a PCOS blood test later this month.) Sarah's pregnant but for the love of God and all that is holy, I'm going to get healthy.

Lucky for me, I was able to cram in an hour of cardio and weights before watching "Survivor". (Unlike the editorial author of The Graphic, I find Survivor to be interesting even if it was divided racially. (It's been divided by gender and age, which could be just as prejudicial and discriminating. Why the sudden uproar over race? besides, the tribes just merged. The racial divide was a big deal for a whole 2 episodes. Race is an issue- get over it. There are way worse reality shows to quarrel over.)

1 comment:

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Congrats to your cousin, Erin.

Good job about the work outs you had at the gym. Well done.

Have a great weekend you and Dennis.

Hugs. :)