Monday, October 09, 2006

Don't ever play monopoly with Dennis...



















Our friends came over last night to play monopoly with Dennis. Melissa won. It is the first time that Dennis has ever, according to him, lost monopoly. Things got heated and there was an argument about selling houses back to the banker. I, and my little doggie, were the first ones out.





I'm kind of blogging to blog for prayers. (Does that phrase make sense?) I'm overloaded with class and overwhelmed because Dennis is overwhelmed with class. I have to take blood tests for PCOS in 2 weeks, my insulin pump is throwing my energy level out of whack, and I'm kind of freaking out. I have a bunch of deadlines for school and I know I'll make the deadlines but this is getting hard! And the whole PCOS thing-- I don't quite understand what it exactly is except that it has to do with hormones and that if it isn't controlled it leads to a high risk of cancer, and I'm not even quite sure how it treatment works because most treatments, it seems are for people who don't want to get pregnant. I, personally, highly value my fertility.



So, I guess I'm just overwhelmed (I said that already), and frustrated. I want to pray with Dennis but he's tired and grumpy and I don't know how to ask him to pray with me, which should be easy, right? I suppose prayers are prayers even when prayed on blogger.




Lord, please bless us during this week. Bless us with our anxieties over work and school, help us to feel loved and strong. I thank you for being so capable and I just ask that you carry us both through the next weeks. Bless my health- the blood tests and my diabetes and my energy levels. Help me to stay focused and motivated. I pray that I feel loved and at peace especially when I feel like freaking out over something like my fertility. Give me patience. I pray for faith because I know that you are good and capable and that things always work out. I pray that Dennis feels your love even when I am not the right person to show him that love. Just carry us, Father, so that even when we are frustrated and tired, that we are also confident that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You are good and capable and I am thankful. I lift all in your name, with confidence, Amen.

1 comment:

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Hope you the best with school and everything Erin, and so to your husband.

Thanks for your nice comments in my previous to my most recent post.

Blessings and hugs.

Gabriela. :)