Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I heart TV...

Really. I do.

Tonight, all cable throughout campus was cut off, ending transmission of all televisions at Pepperdine right after the 11:30 news but just before I would normally be channel surfing/watching a history channel documentary/letting the monotone voice of the documentary narrator help me into dreamland. It's my tried and true method of relaxing before bed. Only on nights like these, when Pepperdine forgets to pay the cable bill, does our TV get turned off. (I could stare at it like the girl from "Poltergeist". But it's not helpful.)

Kudos, by the way to the guy who answered the phone at Public Safety when I frantically (hysterically) called and say "why don't I have TV??". He said "Actually we don't have TV either and I was just wondering about that myself. You'll just have to call the service provider and wait it out."

Whaaat? Service provider? The university is my provider? I don't have a clue as to who provides us with cable tv (certainly not anyone cool as we aren't allowed to order pay-per-view OR have HBO....)

I need TV (Dennis is sleeping happily on the other hand...).

1 comment:

B r i a n & G a b r i e l a said...

Hello Erin. Yes, he is the man who fell off of the stage. I did not know it had happended to him until I saw it in youtube. He is famous for making peculiar movements and improvising in this concerts, lol. So I knew he was trying to be funny and then he fell of. Just of having seen that video where he fell off, it hurt, lol.

He is a very famous song writer and interpreter. He has written songs that big artists like Vikki Carr, Julio Iglesias, Rocio Durcal, Jose Jose, etc. have sung.

Juan Gabriela is a better writer than composer, but most Mexican people like him because he writes and sings with so much sentiment and also he is very human. He has donated so much money to the poor and also he founded a orphanage for kids that were living on the streets where they can study and be someone in life.

For that and so many things, most people in Mexico like him.

Thanks for your message Erin. I appreciate your visit to my blog.

Hope the t.v. service at your University gets back soon.

Have a great weekend Erin.

Hugs. :)