Monday, December 18, 2006

SO FLIPPING COLD!!




It is sooo flipping cold!!!

I realize that we are in Southern California and that most of my friends are surrounded by SNOW. We have wind with a chance of rain. But it's really really cold wind!

I don't think I would be such a baby if we had heat. But, for the past 3 years, we have had NO heating system. Today (as I was fixing our broken keys), I mentioned this to the woman in charge of housing. She said "well if they don't fix it by tomorrow we are sending you a heating unit."

Which is brilliant and great but tonight, I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks, sweats, 3 layers, and we have sheets, an electric blanket, and a sleeping bag on our bed. I was wearing gloves until about an hour ago. Now, we are having "cucharita" just because we need each other's body heat!!

Update on Christmas plans though- we are driving out to Las Vegas to be with some of Dennis' friends from Chile. It's going to be really interesting- the day we leave and the day we have to return are also the days when everyone else is leaving and coming home. So we are hoping that as we leave Los Angeles, it doesn't feel like we are in a parking lot. The good thing is that our car has a nice heating system!!
1. I get about ____atleast one, up to three___ telemarketer phone calls on a daily basis. (and they are always for dennis)
2. I never call anyone after ____9 or 10___ at night. (It depends on the person- if it's my grandparents, I never call after 6pm.
3. I never call anyone before _____10__ in the morning.
4. I (please choose one) DO or DON'T screen my phone calls via caller ID. I don't screen my phone calls. Well, I take it back- our campus phone is set up with extensions so everyone who lives on campus really only has 4 numbers to dial. So an "on-campus" phone call only rings once. An "off-campus" phone call (someone not dialing just 4 numbers), rings twice. And a lot of times I let the answering machine pick it up if it's off campus. (because it's usually a telemarketer!)
5. I really should call _____my aunt__ more often.

2 comments:

Erin said...

testing.... OH someone help me!!

Anonymous said...

Erin, I can't see your post! :( Only the top picture that is...

Then I tried using IE to open your Blog. TADA! It works!! Apparently, it doesn't work on Firefox (the browser I'm using) :(