Monday, January 15, 2007

well, the bed is comfy atleast...

we are officially checked into our hotel room, which will be our home for the next week. (and the start of Dennis living in a hotel room for the next 3 weeks).

The hotel room itself is actually very nice AND we have a lot of TV channels. (I know that TV isn't so important to many but it is to me and I'm usually so disappointed in hotels that have like 5 channels and then the "info" channel about the hotel.)

What sucks? no room service/restaurant. no wireless internet (yet. we are bringing our own network from home tomorrow- we can go to our apartment just not sleep over, use the bathroom. so for now we are using ONE ethernet cord and I'm thinking "gee, how did I and Dennis get along before when we had to share computers?") And the lady at the front desk was very rude. Granted, I was wearing what probably looked like pajamas. But she didn't even get off of her phone call to check us in, she just kind of checked us in by using hand motions while she chatted on the phone. Didn't really tell us anything about food/where to park/how to get our luggage up. Dennis was lucky she didn't know chilean spanish because he was walking around saying "que huea esa weona??!!"

But, we aren't paying for it. And for 2 nights, it will be all mine all by myself!! (Question is: will I be lonely?)

**(New photos on flickr badge- we went to our friends' apartment in Koreatown for a gamenight. It was funny because we played "Balderdash"- basically everyone makes up a definition for a word and then everyone has to guess, out of those definitions, which defintion is correct. Dennis and I were a team. The word we worked on- "marlock"- I can't remember what it means but Dennis insisted that we say that it meant "a famous TV show in the 80's". Needless to say, we didn't win.



first: the view from our window.


second: starbucks coffee.

third: a bathrobe (just one?). i've never stayed in a hotel where they gave you a robe. this is how it is to be executive, i guess.

fourth: our shower. (not that impressive until you recognize that it's HUGE compared to the one that they are repairing in our apartment!)

fifth: free soaps. I always like that. And I appreciate it when hotels give you creative smelling soap. "Ylang Ylang" sounds so nice in comparison to "shampoo".

sixth: our bed. I really like the bedding. If I was a little bit more ghetto, I might take that red pillow home.

Seventh: cute little chair to sit in and work on. There is a saying that people take everything that isn't nailed down, in hotels. My Dad, in my experience at the Raddisson in Minnesota with him, certainly appreciated taking things like the tray they put the soap on (and he is the epitome of "jerry springer audience" embarrassing dad). I believe that this chair would be on his list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wawww.. nice place. Love that bed, it look so comfy! xD

Spanish Kitchenette said...

hey hold on!: this a very cool hotel! shame on the girl from the entrance lol@Dennis words, he really should have said them! xDDDD

But my question is: why are u staying in a hotel and not in your house???