Thursday, February 22, 2007

Eve Project



It's raining again today and Dennis and I both have headaches so blogging is short.
About a month ago, I participated in the "Eve Project" (I'm sure that there is a website for this...) but basically it is a group that is raising awareness about sexual violence, especially on college campuses like Pepperdine University. Students (myself included) volunteered to have their photo taken and to give a statement on video about how she (or he) would feel if there was an end to sexual violence. Alot of girls and guys gave really great statements, like about how they would feel safer at night or how they would not worry as much for their sisters. I said that I would be thankful that men and women were no longer using this as a weapon against each other (my thoughts were of the women who suffer sexual violence in war, such as women in the middle east). And I also said that I would hug more people. It wasn't as profound as I would have liked but it was a good thing to be apart of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I've never see you let your long hair down like that. You look beautiful in that photo, Erin! :)

When men stop using that as weapon against women, the World will finally be a better and safer place to be.

Spanish Kitchenette said...

that's very nice from you to help that way. Really really nice.