I just finished a horribly depressing driving lesson (I know I'm capable but the instructor says I need to pay him 6 more hours of instruction because I am "not even ready to drive with my husband"- and I'm not sure if he is saying I'm a bad driver because I'm a bad driver or because he needs the money and this is his job after all...)
Really, I'm not that bad. I'm getting better, I've been practicing as much as I can, and Dennis has even decided that it's not worth it for me to pay this guy money to teach me. I've had 6 hours already, which is the required amount of time for a teenage driver to pay to have and I'm almost flipping 25!!
So, I'm discouraged because I feel like I should be just about ready to take the driving test. I need my license. I need to have that independence and freedom and really, if Dennis decides to put some kind of cream on himself again that causes us to spend the night in the ER because he's got a rash, then I'd like to drive him home.
This all being said, these are Ten things I'd like to learn:
1. I'd like to learn how to instinctively know which direction to turn my wheel when backing up/pulling out of a parking space. I know logistically but it takes me a second.
2. I'd like to be able to back out in a straight line. It's going to be on the exam.
3. I'd like to be able to keep consistent driving speeds, especially when I'm making turns.
4. I'd like to not be so paranoid about the people driving behind me.
non-driving learning things:
5. I'd like to learn to make sushi rolls. I think people who do that are so cool.
6. I'd like to learn to sew simple things like buttons and pant legs.
7. Again, like last week, I'd like to learn to walk in heels.
8. I'd like to learn another romance language- portuguese (helpful in brazil), latin (helpful in religious discussions and if I wanted to listen to mass given by the Pope), italian (just really kind of sexy), maybe french (eh. why not?).
9. I'd like to learn how to pot/re-pot a plant. It's something I think you kind of just figure out but I've got about three plants that need new pots and soil and they are kind of dying.
10. I'd like to learn how to barbeque things. I know it's not rocket science, but I'm terrified of burning my eyebrows.
*11. (I just thought of this- I've really always wanted to learn photoshop. It's a program I'm too cheap to buy but I think if I had it and learned it, it would widen the horizons because right now all I have is "paint")