Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday Feast

It's the first time I've given myself the mental permission to blog. Not only have I been mega-stressed out with classes (which ended today physically but I still have 2 papers to write, one of them being a massive paper technically due today that I will not finish until Monday), but I've spent the past week recovering from another ear infection that feels like it will not completely go away, and I am just exhausted. And I tried to take a nap and it didn't work.

I really hate that whole body clock thing where your body gets used to waking up early and going to bed early and then when you want to go to a late movie or to sleep in, you can't.

Dennis, once again, deserves an award of some type for being supportive and caring as I freak out (last night, for example, I just started humming and vocalizing my stress and he really didn't care).

this week's Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite fruit?

I like the citrus fruits like mangos and pineapples but I am strangely not a big orange fan.

Soup
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?

I think that my grandmother is a great role model. She's definitely given me a great model of resiliency and how to stay married forever to someone.

Salad
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?

It would be nice just to spend a night in the Westlake Hyatt, where I go typically for work-related retreats (students retreat and I work...). But then again, they have a terrible system of pretty much no food available after 10pm and that sucks. Maybe alongside the beach somewhere.

Main Course
Name something you do too often.

I, clearly, procrastinate too often. I am sure that my two worst sins of the seven are gluttony and sloth.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.

I really like margaritas because they make me feel like a better dancer. I noticed this at the Father's Day party that Dennis and I went to this year, at this marvelous orchid farm. Dennis let me drink as much as I wanted. (Which, probably, wasn't that much because they were serving margaritas in tiny cups a tiny bit bigger than dixie cups but I had about 4 and one shot so...)

1 comment:

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great feast. My feast is now up on my site.