Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Feast


This week's Friday's Feast comes with a timely rant.

Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

You guys picked the perfect day for this, as I just today had a near melt-down over the sudden switch in our laundry room from quarters to a smart card. The card itself costs "$3" and they "as a courtesy" gave us the card. But I learned today that you a)can't put bills on the card and b)need to load money on via your ATM/Visa card. And the machine that loads money doesn't work. So, I've waited over a week to do my laundry while they made the transition and now it doesn't even matter because their new system doesn't even work.

I separate darks and whites, I use liquid soap and fabric softener sheets, and I usually do this on the weekends but sometimes when we just really really need clothes. In the past, we saved quarters for the washer and dryer. I've been doing this for about two decades. But this week, the laundry rooms switched over to cards. I'm a bit dismayed. Especially because I have to use my credit card to put money on- 10 bucks is the lowest amount. And I can remember days of undergrad when I didn't even have 10 bucks. So it seems a bit presumptious of the University. And lame.

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?'

30. I know that's stupid because my husband is three years shy of 40. But I can't imagine myself 30.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?

Short term- get a decent grade in Hebrew in the fall, fix my laptop's dusty keyboard

Long term- be a mommy

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

I'm not really shocked by anything lately. I guess I was surprised when I read the spoiler for who got evicted from the BB UK house tonight.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

7. Not being able to do laundry kind of irritated me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You just reminded me of my piling laundry too! Bahhhh!! I hate doing laundry! >.<

Enjoy your Sunday, Erin. (despite the laundry, of course) :P