Tuesday, October 23, 2007

back to normal...




tomorrow class resumes (I don't have class on Wednesday so this is a grace for me!) I guess we are pretty much out of harm's way but they are suffering pretty bad in the South. Pacific Coast Highway is open again but I wouldn't want to be the person going to Pepperdine in all this traffic.

Today we held prayer, for the fire and also for people who need healing in our community. The church that burned down plans to rebuild, a preschool was lost, and the elementary school had damage to 2 classrooms. The person I visited and prayed for on this blog on Friday, passed away last night and I'm getting pretty sick of cancer now. His wife was not able to come to campus probably in part because of the fire.

3 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

What a frightening photo! I can't even imagine. Glad you are still OK.

Anonymous said...

OMG..... u serious? are you taht close? oohhh such a pity what it is happening in California.

Anonymous said...

You are that close?!!!! Oh dear!! I'm so sorry this is happening! :( But I'm glad you're ok.

*Hugs*