Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10 Favorite Comedies...

On the Heels of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua", my list of my Top Ten Comedies in Film:

1. Wayne's World. I've memorized LINES to this movie.
2. The 40 Year Old Virgin. I can't isolate one awesome scene, but I will say that I bonded with my 14 year old stepdaughter over the part where Steve Carrell is getting waxed and yells out "Kelly Clarkson!!!"
3. Knocked Up. Just for the "F-You Hormones!!" scene alone.
4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I don't think a lot of comedies would be made if this movie wasn't first.
5.The Jerk. Another movie that "went there" before other movies.
6.Shrek. God, I love this movie.
7.The Muppet Movie. Fozzy= Awesomeness.
8. Dumb and Dumber. We watch it every time it is on cable. I think Dennis knows the lines in English and in Spanish.
9. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. For many reasons, including Kumar's explanation for why he doesn't have to get into Med School.
10. Young Frankenstein. I think it's one of those movies that has to be on a comedy list. And the "putting on the ritz" scene is just genius. RIP Peter Boyle.

4 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

The Jerk and Dumb and Dumer are on my list too!

I played too :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Dumber!

Unknown said...

love shrek. hate anything with katherine heigl in it...except grey's anatomy. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.