Thursday, August 14, 2008

My husband, the Olympics Fan.

My husband is addicted to the Olympics. This is surprising because Dennis usually hates sports. We don't watch football or futbol or baseball, thank God. But from the opening ceremony since, Dennis has been glued to all NBC channels covering the Olympics. He cheered today for women's beach volleyball- US against Belgium- and win the US won, he almost personally attacked Belgium!
Seriously, he is more worked up and emotionally involved in this than anyone I've ever met, and because Chile only has a handful of athletes, he is a full on Team USA fan. (Except for in tennis. He's routing for Chile in Men's Tennis and they won the gold 4 years ago.)

I would say that what is most surprising, to me, is Dennis's emotional and competitive involvement in women's gymnastics. They struggled as a team against China and he watched every move. Now they are competing for individual medals. He is especially interested in Nastia Liukin. (He said, "that's my girl!! she's wearing pink!!")

I won't tell Dennis that Liukin won the gold, as the coverage is still on and he doesn't know. I've already made the mistake of calling them "little girls in leotards". Know this- if we have a baby girl, she is going to be wearing pink per Dennis. Dennis's daughters are pretty girly now and any future princesses are going to be wearing rhinestone princess tee-shirts in the maternity ward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

CJane said...

Know this- if we have a baby girl, she is going to be wearing pink <-- Is that a hint?? :P