Thursday, September 18, 2008

senioritis

I've got senior-itis. Which is fine when you are a senior in HIGH School or even undergrad. I have one more year, officially. And I have formally decided that stressing, or atleast stressing about certain classes, is just not worth it to me.

I have this ONE annoying beyond annoying class. It's the last one in an area that I need to have completed- I need this class. But the professor wants us to "respond" in an online message board, to our readings TWENTY FOUR HOURS before class. And he said that he cares about whether or not we are late, as far as grades. I think this is retarded. I think it is retarded that you as a professor are so worried that I won't do the reading before class that you are enforcing a 24hr deadline before class to post a summary about the chapters. Most of your students have lives. They read but they usually read until right before class. That's just the way it is. Also, it is incredibly LAME and retarded that you are requiring us to either pay for $60 book because it has three essays that you decided would be good a week before the semester started.


I suppose my senioritis comes from the revelation that I am growing old and these rules just seem to be pointless. It is my free choice to not post but to instead spend time with Dennis and to study Japanese, which I chose to audit this semester and which is much more fun and interesting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do what's fun! :) have a great weekend!