Friday, February 09, 2007

A Feast for my Brain...

I can't sleep at night very well- I need to get that checked out.
Point of it though is that I'm kind of a zombie during the day and feeling quite unproductive. I got a verybadgrade on my Greek exam yesterday
(65% means I'm really bad at Ancient Greek and it kind of aggravates me to sit next to 4 guys who are getting 90-99% on their exams.)

So, I tried to be productive today and that means blogging early (I'm trying to blog before Dennis comes home so that I have more time to give to him). I did some important emails and phone calls today and I did the dishes. I plan on doing the laundry later. For someone who didn't sleep well, that's kind of awesome.

And here is another blog meme: Friday's Feast
Appetizer - Have you been sick yet this winter? If so, what did you come down with?

I have indeed been sick this winter. More specifically the week after Christmas. December archives have posts of me complaining about that.

Soup - What colors dominate your closet?

blacks, browns, and greys. And some pinks. I don't know if that means anything. I just don't like yellow.

Salad - How would you describe your personal "comfort zone"?

In what sense? Spiritually?- I really really like the confines of my established and structured Church of Christ auditorium. I'm not against "The Emergent Church" per se. But I don't like the idea of sitting on couches in a circle and having discussion instead of sermon on Sunday morning.
As far as life right now?- I like living in Southern California, I like having a stable roof over my head, I like having a husband around. Having Dennis in Tennessee was very much against my comfort zone. I've been in school for so long that I feel like not being in school would probably freak me out.

Main Course - On which reality show would you really like to be a contestant?

And you know that I've truly absolutely considered this!!! Right now, the only one I could conceive doing would be "the amazing race"- I would love to have the change to jump out of an airplane in a foreign country. I don't have any talents, would die on "Survivor", and hate the idea of being a houseguest on "Big Brother" so that the entire internet can talk about my fat cellulite-full thighs.

Dessert - Which holiday would you consider to be your favorite?

My birthday doesn't count? Seriously, I LOVE New Years. LOOOOOVE it. I love eating lentils at midnight and making noise, I love counting down, I love changing the year. (I really really hate Thanksgiving. It's my "most overrated holiday"- everyone seems to hate Valentine's Day. I really like V-Day. It's nice (well, when you have a valentine). Not the top holiday but not the worst. Thanksgiving? pressure to cook, pressure to clean, to look nice, to be nice, etc. when I'm really just interested in staying home/going to a movie. This Thanksgiving was nice only because we went to dinner that served alcohol (okay, I'm being cynical. It was nice because there were nice people around too. But seriously, I enjoyed the wine.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting feast. I never thoughto birthdays..Great choice! Happy feasting!