Wednesday, April 18, 2007

no pressure...

so here's the deal. I have a term paper due monday (20 pages that I haven't started), and I should study for finals. And tomorrow I have my second shot at the driving exam. (I didn't say anything last week, the night before, because I didn't want to jinx myself. And look! I failed! so now I'm saying something! I'm as nervous as hell!!)

And what have I done today? A lot of nothing. I watched the end of the 2nd season of "The Office", online, at work. (and I did SOME greek homework). And then I came home and I went to like five different mind-zapping gossip websites. And it's wednesday, so I watched (and am still watching) hours of reality tv. I am not focusing. at all. So if I start wigging out on Sunday night about how I've done no schoolwork at all, this is why.

All this being said, "America's Next Top Model" is becoming really really lame. I don't know why I watch. The challenge today was to give a cover girl commercial using an austrailian accent. How does this relate to anything fashion? How? And why does Tyra Banks think she is an expert in accents? How? Whatever, I totally figured out who would leave in the first five minutes of the show.

And then I changed to American Idol. I don't like this show. I've never been an idol fan. But I wanted Sanjaya to stay. If only for the fact that Perez Hilton kept calling him "Sangina". But I figured out online that he was going and I don't have the attention span to listen to karoke of country music.

The gold of the evening is "shear genius" on Bravo. I came at this show with skepticism. I kind of thought "Top Chef" and "Top Design" were boring (really, Top Design. I just didn't find Todd Oldham interesting...)

But all of the contestants are brilliantly so serious. They are all hair-dressers/stylists. So they are all flamboyant and loud and bitchy and half of them have accents (and some of those accents are fake). How does the host tell the stylist that he/she is eliminated? wait for it......


"this is your final cut"

hilarious.


And this is Jessica Simpson a)wishing me luck for tomorrow b)giving me little joy inside especially as she looks pretty self-explanatorily horrible. it's like payback for every time Dennis has said she was hot in "The Dukes of Hazzard". She's wearing the same pants my grandma wears to Hometown Buffet each week, and it rules. Her teeth match her top. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes why is she wearing that?! LOL Anyway I know what you mean about procrastinating. I had to write something up yesterday and all I did was read other stuff.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love that Jessica Simpson photo.

Hey, good luck on your papers and driving test! :D