Friday, September 21, 2007

Today is almost over.

Thank Christ.

This morning at 7:30am ish, I put all of my things in my bag and went to my car. I got in my car and looked in my bag to make sure that my wallet was there. It wasn't. I remember picking it up off the table and putting it into my bag, so I know I had it. But in the span of 15 minutes, I lost it. And I've spent the entire day looking for it, calling people, retracing my steps, etc. It's a nightmare. And Dennis is (finally) coming home on Sunday but now I'm freaking out because I don't want him to be frustrated with me because I can't find my wallet. It's one of those weird things where I think and stress out about Dennis like he's going to punish me for making an honest mistake, instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm harder on myself than he is and the whole thing just makes me ill. Dennis is going to be so happy to be home and to be in his own bed, in his own town, with his wife, that he isn't going to stop loving me or stop caring if I have to get replacement cards for the cards lost. I didn't lose credit cards, only bank cards, and I didn't lose anything that cannot be replaced. But I'm freaking out and already anticipating stress. I'm my own worst enemy. Tomorrow I have to go to the bank to make sure that I can get a new bank card, to prevent anyone from spending our money, and I might go to the DMV to order a new driver's license. Things could be worse. But I'm in panic mode and today has just been horrible.


That all aside, here is today's very late (but much needed) Friday's Feast

Appetizer
What is your favorite type of art?

cinema or photography. I love making collages with things that I find interesting or beautiful in magazines.

Soup
When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

I got pancakes about a month ago for a lunch with my co-workers!! (so I guess Pepperdine paid for it...)

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

10. I'm too emotional.

Main Course
Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?

10-20 min. Sometimes I put responding off and it does depend on who I'm responding to.

Dessert
To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

We don't have a thermostat. We do have an air conditioner in our window. It is set at 75 but I might put it at 78 later tonight. It was really hot two weeks ago and now suddenly it's like raining and time to put on sweaters and socks. Oh Southern California weather, how I do love thee.

(five minutes after this post).
Oh my God!!! I found it!!! Like a day freakin' later I found my wallet!!! In the couch!!! Thank you Jesus Christ!! Oh MY GOD I have been praying next to this stupid sofa all day!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

4 comments:

Spanish Kitchenette said...

mmmmmm you know? it will apear in the most unexpected place! I remember losing a golden ring my parents gave my for my 18th birthday. I lost it for a week, I thought I would have never found it but I did! do u know where it was ? among my underwear's drawer! LOL

don't panic, girl, it might have not gone far... ;-)

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Yea! So glad you found it.

Unknown said...

oh, man. so glad you found it! i know how it feels to be in a panic over something like that! i start thinking of identity theft and someone charging me into the poorhouse!

Anonymous said...

YAYYYYY you found it! I was hoping you'd find it while I'm reading your Friday's Feast! LOL!!!