Friday, April 04, 2008

I ate eel today...

It was pretty good. Didn't taste as strange as I thought it would.


Today was day one of a two-day prep/devotional/encouragement/etc. for the Pepperdine teams traveling with LST: In addition to our team going to Japan, a team is going to Tanzania for 6 weeks, a team is going to Germany, and a team is going to a small town just outside of San Jose, Costa Rica.

The sushi was definitely awesome.
In addition, the ending devotional was awesome for its' challenge. We meditated on Psalm 23. I was challenged to lay my burdens before the Lord, who in theory at least, truly cares for me and meets my every need. It is so hard to accept that without panicking and doubting, especially when you are called to raise so much money. I was reminded that I am going because of my faith in God.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww sushi! I love it! I am drooling right now lol